Monday, August 4, 2008

THE REAL DELHI

I wish I cud show U my home...

The place I have been born n bought up in.


Ppl new 2 dis place wud probably call it untidy, polluted n filled with nasty rude ppl ….

I wud luv to show u the monuments

To tell u its history which in itself makes this place so unique

I wish I cud show u the grand wedding celebrations complete with the ’band-baja’ n ppl dancing away to glory ; the groom elegantly seated on the horse; the lights n color, the delightful sounds , the gaiety dat always pulls ppl into d celebrations .

I wonder wat it is in theses celebrations that forces the ppl out of their comfortable sofas towards the balcony n c d sight dat dey have been viewing since their childhood .

Y hasn’t d marriage celebrations stl not list their charms ???

I wud like to expose u to the heat n dust of this city ..

The scorching sun dat makes ppl swear everytym dey get out dat dey will probably not step out into the torture again .

I wud like u to experience the traffic jams ..

All so dat u can enjoy the rains n how d day suddenly cools down n wat a relief it is 2 step out into the surroundings made green ….

The smell of the wet earth n d freshness of the wet air on ur skin makes u want d day to go on…

The cool nite breeze soothing on ur skin after the harsh rays of the sun….

I wud want u to see the endless sea of humanity flowing thru the day

Stugglin to make ends meet ….

Struggling to make money so dat they can make a home 4 their wives …

I wish u cud feel their anxieties n their happiness

They cum away from their home n in a few yrs dey will call dis place their home

I wud luv to show u the d spirit of this place…

I wish I cud show u “dill wallon ki dilli”

A title so very apt 4 it

1 comment:

Sreejith Soman said...

hmmm....badiya hai....wellpagliu stillin delhi rite..oru went to kulu manali..
isdelhi dat good
or its just bcos u came from kerala....:)
simply...


well acha likha hai....hmmm...nice